Pages

Monday 1 October 2012

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

"A birth is not really a beginning. Our lives at the start are not really our own but only the continuation of someone else's story.” - The Thirteenth Tale.

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. This is quite a suspenseful plot where I cannot dwell much into the plot without giving away the experience. Basically it is the story of Vida Winter, a storyteller with a mysterious past. She finally decides that it is time to come clean. Her story might be even bigger and better then all the fictional stories she has told. 

I was told to read this for school. My teacher told me that this was a really good book and a very quick read I had my doubts since I don't really share the same taste in books with my teacher. However, this book I found really interesting. The part about the quick read didn't really apply for me though. The words itself were pretty easy but the way they were arranged made it a bit hard for me, I had to re-read some paragraphs quite a bit of times. I do have a friend who read it in one day and I was really surprised about that and mind you, I'm quite a quick reader. 

The plot was amazingly good!
There were times that I thought I would have to give it a bad review but this just made me realise that I should really stop judging books before I finish the book. There were some many twists to the story and the ending was so chocking, but ΓΌber good!! Every detail is explained in the end, which was good because I really hate books without a proper closing and each one of those details has a twist that I didn't expect. 

Overall the book is somewhat creepy but the story was so well thought out that it was one of the best books I have read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment