Pages

Monday 1 October 2012

Battle of Britain - Harry Woods, England 1939-1941 by Chris Priestley



Battle of Britain by Chris Priestley is part of the My Story series. This book is set in England during mid 20th Century. It is the life of a young man during World War II whose love for flying gets him to enlist for the RAF. 

This book really let me down. This review had a very short plot summary and will probably be a short review because really the plot felt short. The books in the My Story series are usually a short read, however this time the plot was so short that it just skipped on the details.
I didn't empathise or even get to know the protagonist's story. In the last chapter the war had already ended and I didn't even realise. I only realised after I got to the last full stop and I checked the time line. The second last chapter was actually set at the time the war officially ended however he had just jumped off his plane and the next thing I knew was the next chapter where he was reading a newspaper article on the war. There was no celebration, not even a 'the war is over'...
The plot was really weak too. Nothing happened to the protagonist, he just enlisted, made friend, shot some planes and 'THE END'. Really, I love the series but I wouldn't recommend this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment