Pages

Monday 8 October 2012

Mac Slater, Cool Hunter by Tristan Bancks


" Sometimes you've got to do the wrong thing to do the right thing, and I'd convinced Paul that this was the right thing. I just wasn't so sure I'd convinced myself." - Mac Slater, Cool Hunter


Mac Slater, Cool Hunter (I Heart NY) by Tristan Bancks. It is the story of Mac and Paul. Previously they had won a competition to become a cool hunter, someone who finds cool stuff and vlogs on the Coolhunters website. In winning the competition he gets to fly to New York for a week, all expenses paid; as long as they find cool stuff to upload. The first day everything goes wrong, the next day their luck seems to be changing. Mac finds a whole group of people inventing the coolest things ever but this time he must keep it a secret. 

I actually only read the second book in the series. I didn't even think it was a series; the title on the cover basically says mac slater, cool hunter there is a tiny writing saying "2 I <3 NY", i just thought this was part of the graphics. Other than that there was no mention of it being a series. 

I found this book really, really weak. I kept on reading and waiting for it to reach a climax but I didn't really think it go to it.
Maybe, my experience would have been better if I had read the first book, instead of skipping straight into the second. It wasn't a horrible book and the plot was bad but it was just flat, boring. 

I'm kind of saying all these bad things but there is one thing that I love, I would LOVE to have that as a job. Yeah, it seems hard and yes it is very competitive but it seems so cool!! They are getting paid to stay at great hotels, with awesome gadgets to walk around and find the cool stuff. This does bring me to the characters again. One of the reasons I didn't like the books was that I didn't like the main characters, Mac. Mac seriously annoyed me. There must be some sort of problem or disagreement for there to be a book but Mac seemed to have no conscience and it took him way to long to realise that what he was doing was completely wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment