Pages

Sunday 16 June 2013

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick (#4 Hush Hush Series)


“Arrogance can be deadly.”  - Finale

Finale is the fourth and last book of the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. In this book the leader of the leader of the Nephilim revolution has died and now Nora must lead them. Nora wants to end this upheaval and bring things back to peace. However, other don't agree and there is a lot at stake. Nora must find her inner leader all at the same time maintaining her relationship with Patch. The people she thinks she can trust are the people that will surprise her.


As I mentioned, this is the last book of a series. I do not usually write a review on the sequels so I will keep this short and sweet. (If you would like to read the longer review on her it all began here is the link, Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick )


Just like many other series, the last book is not the best. The plot in this book became too simple and "worn out", nothing like the first two books in the Hush Hush series. However, I was so glad to be able to read it. I had been waiting for a long time to get Finale and  it didn't majorly let me down. For me, the most important thing is not the writing itself, being the reason why I don't usually analyse how "good" something was written, or how "good" the author is. The most important part for me is feeling for the characters and being able to empathize with them. This book did just that. I'm sure that if the first book had been written in Patch's point of view it wouldn't have become a success since the majority of readers are teenage girls just like Nora and wouldn't be able to share the same thoughts, emotions or dreams as Patch.

Overall, I found that this book was a good Finale for the Hush Hush series. The ending made me so scared that I didn't even want to finish it. I nearly cried and then I sighed with relief and then cried again... but in the end there was a happy ending (I find I really need happy endings to feel like everything is resolved, although I was still sorry about Scott). This book was so entrancing and had a few unexpected twists just like any story should have. This series is a definitely one to add to your youth fiction/fantasy list.

No comments:

Post a Comment