Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden


"I didn't feel like a criminal, but I didn't feel like a hero either." Chapter 16 in Tomorrow, When the War Began.


Ellie, the protagonist, and her friends went camping in the bush for a few days. When they come back everything has changed.... A war has started and they are one of the only people in their city that aren't captured. Now they are struggling to stay alive without being captured but not everything turns out how they want it to...



I decided to read this book because it's very well-known and there is even a movie based on the book. It's set in Australia in Wirrawee and some of the settings are based on real places. It's the first book of a series of seven. This is the kind of book that I couldn't stop reading until I finished. However, there are still four more books in the series. I think that the series is a bit too long but I am going to read it anyway because I want to know how it ends. 

Their relationships grow and change during the book and they are starting to think more like soldiers. I liked that the characters' appearances and personalities were described throughout the book so that it is easy to picture how they look like. The settings were also described in detail which makes me feel like I'm actually in the book. I liked the way that John Marsden wrote the book and that makes me want to read some of his other books. I don't know how this story can continue for another four books, but I will read them and write reviews for them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment