Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach


“ You cannot doubt me,” he said, his mouth hovering above hers, “ when it is you who may not be real.”

Wake unto Me by Lisa Cach. The plot of this story is so complicated and has so many layers that it would be hard to give the right idea of this plot without spoiling the ending. Basically the book follows the story of Caitlyn. Caytlin doesn’t fit in; she feels that she doesn’t belong. She has horrible nightmares that she calls ‘Screechers’ who visit her every night. Things change when she gets a scholarship to a private school in France. There is also another thing; she started having very realistic dreams set in Medieval time where she finds her true love. Is he even real? Her new school has a big mystery, she has a big mystery. Caytlin must make sense of her life and how all these mysteries, from her dreams to the school join together if she wants to understand her own life.

If you don’t really understand the last paragraph I am sorry about that but the plot does have many layers that it is hard to put into words.  In my opinion the story was fantastic. Unlike many other books this plot was not predictable. It was confusing but her life was confusing and this was just right to leave me wanting more. Everything joins up together so smartly that I felt shocked I hadn’t guessed before. I was starting to get annoyed at the book thinking it wouldn’t have an ending as there were only a few chapters and the conclusion seemed far away. However all the pieces were there from the start of the book, the end just puts them all together. When I finished the book I went around telling all my friends that they had to read it. I really, really recommend fantasy lovers to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment