Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

Abandon by Meg Cabot

"So take my advice: Whatever you do- Don't blink." - Abandon
Abandon by Meg Cabot., a youth fantasy book.  This is the story of Pierce, a girl who knows what it is like to be dead.

After drowning and running away from the underworld everything is going downhill. Was everything she experienced just a dream? Pierce's mother blames her husband on letting their daughter drown and so after a divorce Pierce and her mother move to Isla Huesos where her mum's family lives. She is in a whole new place, with new people and a new school all she wants is to make her mother happy and start over. However trouble seems to follow wherever she goes and his name is John Hayden. John is not the normal teenage boy, he is Lord of the Underworld. She knows he is dangerous for her but she is still drawn to him and he wants her back to the Underworld. She must learn that danger can be found anywhere in anyone she can not trust not even her grandmother.
I was introduced to this book by my friend who gave it to me when I didn't have anything to do. Fortunately she let me keep it until I finished (because I was just so addicted!). I seriously love Meg Cabot. She is one of my all time favourite authors. I love all her works especially Mediator and Airhead. (Princess diaries was an alright series.) Abandon is now going to be added on my list of my favourite works from Meg Cabot. Abandon was enthralling and I could not let go of it. Usually I'm not interested in books about death however this one focused more on the mystery and romance side than the actual dying itself. It was one of those books that I want the characters to be real so I can go tell some people off :P! How can no one listen to her? But in a way I get it because if someone came up to me saying they died and went to the underworld where there was this attractive guy I would probably just walk away.I was reading the book on the edge of my seat until the very last word. Even now I can't stop thinking about Pierce and what is going to happen to her, if she is going to be alright. I can not wait until the next book comes out. I'll have to wait until May... :(

2 comments: