Pages

Sunday 18 August 2013

The Quentaris Chronicles- The Cat Dreamer by Isobelle Carmody

"Magic is a kind of dream, and love is a dream, and hope is a dream. Without our dreams, there is no sweetness, no purpose to life.” 

This book is one of many in the Quentaris Chronicles. Each book in this chronicles are written by a different author and has different characters and the only thing that is the same is the setting. The Cat Dreamer is about a mysterious fog that appears in Quentaris, followed by many unexplained suicides. Iakas, a secret agent, is sent to the city to investigate this. She can change from being a woman to a cat and she can also enter people's dreams. Iakas enters Igorik's dreams to learn what he already knows and tell him how to fight the fog. 



I found this book interesting because it's written in third person so it can show the point of view of a few characters. This way we could see what each main character was thinking. The book was written very well and the story flowed nicely. One of the things I didn't like about the book were the characters' names. Some characters had similar names and that was very confusing. 

The blurb tricked me. The story sounded scarier and more mysterious, but when I read the book it wasn't actually that scary. Although I expected the story to be different, I still enjoyed it, maybe even more than my expectations. At the end, it starts to add more and more suspense. this made me curious and interested  to find out what happened next but I was disappointed with the ending. There was so much suspense that I expected a bigger and more dramatic ending.

The Cat Dreamer is my favourite book by Isobelle Carmody. It was quite simple and short, lacking in subplots but it was still and enjoyable book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment